Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Girls Camp

Girls Camp 2019 - Heber Valley
Girls camp was a BLAST this year! We went to Heber Valley, which was a first for me...Cabins, showers, fridge/freezers...it was pretty much camp-leader heaven. Hallelujah!



The stake put on a spa night the first night, complete with facials, massages, hair, and nails. 


Pretty Sunsets!


Loved our hoodies this year. The leaders decided to go the Napolean Dynamite route with our nicknames...We decided the Bishop needed to be Rex Kwon Do. We laughed for a good 30 minutes over his nickname. He was a good sport and wore a bandana and posed just like him. I'll have to find the picture, we have an amazing Bishop!



Canoeing at the lake







Check out this brand spanking new griddle. Our fundraiser really paid off this year! Literally ;)



There were deer everywhere. They weren't afraid of anything!




Challenge Courses
I was informed way back in January that leaders wouldn't get to participate in the challenge courses to give the girls every opportunity to do so. So when our stake's turn came and there was plenty of leftover time, they started harnessing all the leaders and I just about had a heart attack. I'm a giant baby and am afraid of heights. The missionaries asked me what my calling was, and when I answered, they said, Oh yeah...you have to do it. What a great example I am, a shaking blubbering idiot. I literally could not control my legs, they were shaking like crazy. 


We harnessed up, and climbed straight up a pole grabbing onto little metal links sticking out of the wood....also, it was raining, and the links were wet and slippery! Once I got to the top, I couldn't let go of the log I just climbed up. I must've stepped wrong, so I was backwards, hugging the pole and couldn't figure out how to turn around HA! 


Had to walk across the log (so wet...and so slippery!) to the zip line...where we jumped off! The little old men who were belaying us yelled up at me to let go of the rope. I immediately screamed NO! Haha.


I'm so proud of myself for doing it!



Another year down!

1 comment: