Monday, March 24, 2014

Kitchen update!

After a long and awful week, our countertops are finished and exactly what I wanted. Yay! We went through three different topcoats before getting the exact finish I wanted, (sorry Jeff) but look how shiny it is! :-) This was all done using toll paints, glitter, and a polycryllic/polyurethane topcoat.
Here is is before:


And here are the after pictures! 


While waiting for topcoats to dry, I made over my island as well. This is not real beadboard, although it looks it! It's Martha Stewart beadboard textured wallpaper. I love this stuff! Each roll covers 56 sq. feet for only $25 at Home Depot. Real beadboard is $50 per 8 linear feet. I didn't even use half my roll. Steal!



3 comments:

  1. Looks so good meg! You are so good at DIY home updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan thats looks great! your place is looking good!your so creative!!

    ReplyDelete