Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tribute to the Truck

Our family had to say goodbye to one of its members yesterday. Yes everyone, we sent our little Boston away. Psych! Jeffy sold his truck! It sold so fast we really didn't even have time to think about it. It was posted Thursday, sold by Monday. We are extremely blessed that it has sold, and now we can get something that will work better for our family. Being kinda bummed, I promised Jeffy I would post pictures and give it a proper tribute.

Dear Jeffy's Truck

Writing this tribute to you is bittersweet. Where to begin...how about the beginning? I first met you on a hot summer day almost 4 years ago when I invited Jeffy to go roast marshmallows with a group of friends. Without getting into the details, I made you drive all around the Salt Lake Valley trying to pick up a friend who actually lived in Highland....In my defense, he told me he lived by Highland High School. DUR! Lets not get into this. I saw you mostly from the rear view mirror that day, and that was the first time i met you. After that, you drove us on our first date to go see G.I. Joe. I believe you got a ticket on the way to pick me up, but that's not important now, is it :-) Of course there is a good debate about whether or not it was a date. Boston, you can ask your dad about that, but then come talk to me to get the real story ;) Shortly after we began dating, you helped me learn how to drive a stick shift! I'm sure you enjoyed every minute as I killed you about a thousand times. I never really drove you much other than really short distances. I mostly remember you from the passenger seat, and you were one bumpy ride. Jeff will say that i never really like you, but that isn't true. I loved you, truck, because Jeffy loved you, and believe it or not it was his idea to sell you. You make a great "bachelor" truck! So here's to a long and happy life dear GMC Sonoma Truck, we will miss you!
                                                                                                                                      Love, Megan














No comments:

Post a Comment