Monday, May 6, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwiches



So I guess this is a really popular treat in Disneyland/Disneyworld??? I have never ever seen a chocolate peanut butter sandwich. However, I don't know that i can see anything past Reese's caramel apples, ice cream and giant cinnamon rolls. So of course when i saw the recipe I had to try it! And they are yummy. They remind me of a twix bar but with peanut butter. I'm trying caramel next time :-)
  • 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 tablespoons shortening
  • 6 halved graham crackers
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Melt chocolate and shortening over a double boiler, stirring to melt.  I use a small saucepan, boil water, reduce heat to low and place a heat proof bowl over the saucepan then add my chocolate, stirring until melted.
Dip each graham cracker into chocolate and let set up on wax or parchment paper.  Stick in the freezer for a few minutes to speed this up.  Spread a spoonful of peanut butter over the top of each dipped graham cracker then place in the freezer for 10 more minutes. Spread or drizzle the rest of the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter layer. Place back in the freezer for another couple minutes. I just left mine until we were ready to eat. Enjoy!

So much for the diet, right? :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment