Monday, May 13, 2013

Crib Project

Boston is finally in a real crib! Yay! I'm pretty proud of this project :) I found his crib on a yardsale site a few months ago, and am kicking myself for not taking a before picture. Literally, I am kicking myself right now, i wish you all could see it, its pretty weird. Anyways, the crib cost $50! Ah yeah! It also converts into a toddler bed which is a huge plus! I doubt we'll ever be using it as a toddler bed, since we'll probably always be in need of a crib for the next 40 some odd years. She gave us all the instruction manuels that came along with it, so I was able to find his exact crib with the serial number at RC Willey for $375 brand new. Say what?!?! $325 savings, i'll take it! Now, the crib was in pretty good condition, except for some teeth marks in the railings, and paint scuffs in a few places, but overall it was in great condition. (Just trying to paint you a picture since I took NO picture 'kick, kick') It was also white. I do like white, but am partial to everything being black. I'm a total racist, I know! So we took a Saturday sanding and painting, and VOILA! His crib:


Yes, this is our kitchen, aka Boston's new nursery :-) Our kitchen table is in our room right now, so I got my Mothers Day dinner at the table in our bedroom. Pretty sweet :) And here is his cute bed set...its too cute not to share.







He loves his bed!



No comments:

Post a Comment