Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Quarantine Projects

Dresser refinishing..this one is for our room.


It still needs new knobs on the top drawers, but I'm super happy with it!



The nightstands needed to match, obviously ;)




We redid our old dresser for Boston's superhero room. The star is far from perfect, but I kinda like it that way...


 When we came home from Current Creek back in June, I was so bummed out and depressed about being back home, I cried most of the weekend. I knew I needed something to keep me busy, and I've been trying to find a decent priced wallpaper for the girls room downstairs. I decided to just go for it and paint it myself - which ended up costing about $10 instead of hundreds of dollars for wallpaper. The pictures below are the pattern I liked and what I ended up painting. 





Not perfect by any means, but it kept me distracted all day and it sure did take away the blues! The girls were so excited!


One of our neighbors gave this dresser away for free (I guess I have a thing for dressers...or we all just needed a new one really bad) so I redid it for the girls room

Before

 After

It'll look a whole lot better in the girls room when they get carpet instead of rugs and old remnants haha. 


Chair Repair 
I'm hesitant to post this, because I'm really afraid of ruining this chair. Jeff really loves it, so we didn't want to get rid of it, and I've tried for years to figure out how we could fix it. After figuring out I'm just not smart enough to sew new covers or reupholster it myself, I found a vinyl repair compound (Heirloom Traditions) that supposedly fixes these types of rips, with compound and paint....I guess we'll see! We couldn't find a paint that matched the existing color, so we had to pick a new color entirely. 



Here is is with the repair compound. It was SO hard to get everything smooth with all the folds and cracks in the chair


After! 
Again, not even close to perfect. I thought I got the rip section a lot smoother than it looks, but at least its somewhat fixed!






No comments:

Post a Comment