Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas!

We partied hard this month! We tried to pack in every little thing we could while taking time to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. My absolute favorite thing this year was the light the world calendar. I'll do a separate post about that. Here are some fun pictures from the month of December. We had a blast!

Christmas in the basement - Decided to switch things up and put the tree in the basement. It was a little tall, the top of the star hits the ceiling even after taking a section off of the bottom. Still, we liked Christmas downstairs 

Riverwoods with the Tree's - Cutest Santa Claus I've ever seen!





Ellie's face haha



Letters to Santa

Our Christmas Bucket list - We did everything on the list minus "Christmas in Color." We had tickets, but Jeff and I got the stomach flu and we weren't able to go. On the bright side, it happened to be on the day of the light the world calendar to focus on neighbors. We sent our neighbors to Christmas in Color while Jeff and I tried not to go crazy.....ha. 

Taking cookies to Great-Grandma/Pa Monson

Drive through the neighborhood to see Christmas lights! (Yes, the cups had lids - Ellie's had to stay home because she was naughty this day :( - I wrote about that in Boston's birthday post)

Monson Christmas Party and Ward Christmas Party - We got to see Santa!



I want a lot of barbie's and a barbie house! - She took this visit very seriously.


Temple Square for FHE with the Roberts Family
Isn't that hat so cute??? It's Ellie's old hat from my mom :)







Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert - I finally got tickets 5 years later. I was half expecting something bad to happen so we couldn't go....but it didn't!! YAY! It was well worth the wait. 

Boston riding his new Birthday scooter from cousin Jack!

Rice Krispie snowmen to go with our gingerbread houses







Perfect age at Christmas for Rylee...not crawling yet, or able to pull ornaments off the tree. She just liked to lay underneath the tree, look at the lights and touch the ornaments

Christmas with the Tree's - Acting out the nativity, singing carols and a fun sleepover!




Christmas Dresses
Had some fun making Christmas dresses for the girls (and a bowtie for Boston)  this year. Still not the best at sewing, but I do think its fun! My mom always had my sister and I in matching homemade dresses, so its fun to get similar pictures! Ellie just had to have "reindeers" on her dress. 



Ellie's Christmas Present 
This is my old dollhouse. I'll have to do a separate post with more pics of the rooms. Santa spent a lot of time working on this...pretty much every single spare minute of every day!

So hard to wrap it...

A Batman Bot for Boston and some little people for Rylee. Part of our Christmas this year is a trip to Disneyland in a few months!

Christmas Day highlight: Talking to Uncle Dustin! He has grown so much....its crazy. He bore his testimony to us and we were all blown away. Thing I miss most about Dustin: His laugh! So good to see him laugh. We enjoyed another sleepover at the Roberts house, games, watching home movies, and reading/singing the nativity. We love our families!








Look at that form....ha



No comments:

Post a Comment