Wednesday, May 27, 2015

2 month checkup

Took Ellie in for her first well-check appointment. She weighs 11.4 lbs, (53%) and is 22 inches tall (29%) Her head circumference is 14 inches (45%). The pediatrician says Ellie is looking "stellar!" She's eating good, sleeping good, skin looks good, no issues at all. She got her shots, and as I expected, it was very sad. She never screams or wails, but boy did she let me have it! And she didn't stop till we were well out of the doctors office. Poor little girl. I took them to the store to keep up our "treats after shots" tradition, and got her a toy, and of course Boston got some "num nums." We spent the day cuddling, she was a little fussy, and come bedtime I expected to be up a good portion through the night rocking and cuddling her. NOPE! She slept 10 hours. I keep waiting for something major to happen, because things are just too good to be true. I probably shouldn't say right now that Ellie's normal sleep schedule is from 10:30-11pm till 7:30-8am...and I shouldn't say that she hardly ever is fussy or crying other than when she is hungry...and i really shouldn't say that she's only pooped out a handful of times...and i really shouldn't say that we are all just extremely happy, because I might just jinx us all...but its the truth! The only way she could possible be any better was if she started changing her own diaper and getting her own bottles. She must really love her other siblings, because (like a dummy) I'm already thinking, boy, I could totally do this again! We love you Ellie!

Before shots:


 After shots:

So sad

At least she got fun bandaids! Flowers..and the hulk? haha



1 comment:

  1. Ellie is really an adorable baby. It's really heartbreaking to see babies cry when they get their vaccination, though we know it's for their own good. And nothing is more important than see they grow up healthily! I know nothing would make you happier than that. Have a great day! :-)

    Angela Gibbs @ Med Care Pediatric

    ReplyDelete