Monday, April 30, 2018

Girls Camp Fundraiser

Jumped straight into this bad boy the second we got home from Disneyland. Literally the second. It sure does keep me busy, but the outcome is always great, and this year I had a lot of people tell me its their favorite ward activity out of the year...aww! I also had good advertising from a girl in Boston's primary class inviting all her friends at school haha! It was nice to get some good feedback this year. Its been hard for me to take on all the responsibility of being in charge of big events like this especially because I feel the need to stress over every little detail, but i'm learning a lot, and it is getting so much easier!
We serve the ward a spaghetti dinner (pasta, salad, garlic bread) the ward donates items and services to auction off, and the young women waitress tables and bake desserts to sell. We don't ever charge $$ for the dinner (so we don't leave people out of the activity) but we have NEVER hurt because of it. I feel like our members are always so generous in their donations, and we always have an abundance of items to auction off to make up for the cost of the food. 

Our cute Young Women in front of the dessert table

Photo Booth



I spent a lot of time making these cookie dough stuffed cupcakes, (including cookie dough frosting) to sell at the dessert table and hardly anyone bought them haha. Lets all play that Price is Right bummer sound effect....I'll insert the video below if you don't know what i'm talking about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment