Sunday, May 21, 2017

Goodbye Neon

Dear Neon -

Its been a great *nearly* ten years. We would be celebrating our 10 year anniversary next month. Sadly, you will no longer be with us at that time. Good news is, we sold you to a cute little family that wants to fix you up instead of ripping you apart.  We've had some great memories you and I. My very first car....and while you have already been replaced, I will never forget the good times....

Back in March, Jeff got in a wreck pulling out of a Sonic parking lot. He NEVER eats out, and I always tell him to just go get food if he forgets lunch. No, he always starves himself. On this particular day, he defied the odds and went to get a hamburger. As he was stopped trying to turn left out of the parking lot, the lane closest to him stopped to let him out. (This is also another rule of his, never EVER turn left if one lane stops for you. This is like Jeff 101) Since he was at the bottom of a hill, and could see no cars coming, he decided to go ahead and go, not seeing a white toaster car speeding down the hill, and hitting his driver side back door. I remember not believing him when he called me. He just doesn't cause car accidents....just doesn't happen. Especially to MY car! ;)

So there in the driveway, the good ole neon sits, awaiting its inevitable death. Here's to you neon:

When I first bought you from carmax, I remember peeling off the logo letters and laughing really hard at the idea of leaving the word "arm" on the car. I thought it was so hilarious, although I don't think anyone really noticed or cared. I did. But, the word arm is still there, stuck to your bumper, and that's how I always knew I was getting into the right car.
You drove my friends around from place to place, we blasted music with the windows rolled down, thinking we were SO cool. You drove me to and from work for 6 years. You drove Jeff to and from work for 3! You carried my small babies from place to place safely for over 4, and they always wanted to ride in the "baby car." Boston is sitting here looking at the pictures, and is sad that we are "throwing away" our baby car. I'll go get him a tissue....
I'll never know if your murder was intentional or not (only kidding...but I still wonder ;)) I'll always think fondly of our times together. Thank you for taking one for the team and keeping Jeffrey safe that day.Goodbye Neon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment