Thursday, January 26, 2017

Look Up - YW in Excellence

I kept YW in Excellence pretty low key this year. I think i'm getting lazy...but maybe just more realistic. This was held in November, and our theme was "Look UP" and we used balloons and the movie UP for a few ideas. I brought every girl a helium balloon, and talked about trials and even through our hardest times its better to look up. I had them think of a trial or struggle they've been holding onto, and we took our balloons outside and released them, literally and figuratively haha.
For our yearly photo shoot, I decided to do a value color theme. We're blessed to have several photographers in the ward who will do the sessions and editing for free. Each girl signed up to represent a different value, and we took them to Daybreak Lake and photographed them with different colorful props. I really want each of them to have a picture for each year they are in Young Women's. I guess depending on how long i'm in, there will only be a handful that get a good amount, but still. Thanks to Wood Connection, they each got a photo plaque with their picture and we placed them on their display tables.
I added a few pics from the photoshoot at the bottom, but aren't those girls beautiful??? I was so happy with the way they turned out :-) I'm lucky to have such a fun calling!













No comments:

Post a Comment