Monday, November 17, 2014

M.I.A.

Wow, after months of being M.I.A. I'm finally ready to get back into the swing of things! We found out in June that we are expecting our second baby! We are so excited. I hate to say my excitement somewhat dwindled over those next few weeks after finding out when I was hit with an atomic bomb of sorts. Am I kidding? Well.....not really. Where to start? The second I hit 6 weeks, I began a love affair with the toilet. I mean, come on, who doesn't want to spend all their time next to the porcelain throne? No matter how hard I tried, I just could not stop myself from barfing.  I wish I could say my barf was contained to that one place, but alas, it wasn't. I have always had a strong stomach. Always. I can handle blood, I can handle throw up, poop, rotten food without so much as gagging. But being pregnant? Holy freaking cow, I couldn't even walk past the kitchen without ralphing. So, this put me in very awkward situations. What happens when you can't make it to the toilet? What happens when the bathroom is occupied and there is no where to go? What happens when there is not a toilet available?? You end up barfing in the kitchen sink. In the garbage can, in a plastic grocery bag (WHILE DRIVING!), in a water bottle (very tricky) or in the middle of a conversation in the church bathroom. C'mon people, no one goes into the church bathroom for a social call, leave me alone!

I ended up getting on meds after losing about 8 pounds (the one plus!) and was told to start drinking as much fluid as I could to avoid at home IV's. The meds seemed to help keep a little food down, and after being on them for about 2 weeks, I stopped losing weight and started to get rehydrated. Thats when atom bomb #2 was dropped. Not literally....let me explain. You know those constipation commercials you see on TV that you can't help but laugh at? That was me. I was the person in those commercials that I had all too often made fun of. Oh boy was that me. It is no laughing matter, the struggle is real. And it hit me hard. I will spare the awful details, but lets just say it got so bad I debated whether or not to stop taking the nausea meds, which I found had a nasty side effect of....constipation! Ugh. Couldn't catch a break. Weeks and weeks later (about 18 weeks along) after dropping the meds, my body decided to figure things out on its own. I am finally feeling good! I can eat, and believe me, am making up for lost time, and I am regular. Never thought I would ever have to use those words in my life.

On a more positive note - at 16 weeks, we went in for a gender check, and.....drum roll please, we are expecting a baby GIRL!



22 weeks - first pregnant picture i've taken of myself...i hate them



No comments:

Post a Comment