Friday, January 11, 2019

Changes for Boston!

Big changes for Boston in just a few short weeks! We took him to the doctor for his 6 year checkup and he failed his eye test. When he was tested in preschool the teachers told me he struggled...but I always just kind of let that decision be up to his doctor. And this time....he failed. 20/40 in his left eye, 30/40 in the other with an astigmatism. This is all so new to me, I don't fully understand still what everything means. He cried the whole way home from the doctor. Poor boy. As soon as we got home we started looking at pictures of some of my friends kids who wear glasses, uncle/aunts and grandparents who wear glasses. It wasn't until I went through all the superhero's who wear glasses that he started getting EXCITED about them. So he is "Clark Kent" with the glasses on, and he'll take them off to be Superman. Its cute. He looks so grown up! We're all so used to the glasses now, that he looks weird without them. 



 Starting at the end of November, Boston kept telling me that his mouth felt weird. I just brushed it off, telling him he was fine and to keep wiggling his baby teeth.  A few weeks later, I totally saw this tooth poking out just having a conversation with him. What the heck? haha. His tooth is literally pointing to the back of his throat. No wonder his mouth felt weird. Because the permanent tooth failed to take out the baby roots, we had to get them both pulled. Pretty inevitable we will have lots of time in braces :)


Before and After..haha



 He was so brave. Shots in the front can be painful, and he didn't even flinch with that or the pull. I'm pretty proud of him!


And in less than two weeks, my boy looks totally different! So big! The girls both wanted to cuddle him after he got his teeth pulled. Awww. He is excited for the tooth fairy to come tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment