Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday Thoughts....



I'm sitting with a blanket down in my newly finished basement, in front of my brand new fireplace, listening to Sunday music, watching my kids play nicely, (wondering how long it will last) catching up on some family journaling/blogging and can't help thinking about how extremely blessed my life is...

The past few weeks I've been constantly thinking about the people affected by the Las Vegas shooting. Family members whose lives have been forever changed by one man and an awful, terrible choice. I  can't imagine the amount of anger and hate a person would have to hold to unleash that amount of destruction on innocent, defenseless, GOOD people. As I sit here watching my kids play, my heart breaks for the families who lost loved ones. I'm squeezing my kids extra tight each passing day...you really never know when it might be your last. I get to move on...I get to come home to each and every family member. I'm not spending every waking moment with a heartache that some of these people are facing right now. Some people don't GET to forget like we do. We feel sad, but eventually life moves on and we forget. There are families left with missing pieces and huge holes in their hearts, and are just expected to continue on with their lives.

I guess I've just been really shaken by the awful things happening all around us, and its hard not to get depressed or feel anxious about our awful crazy world, and the awful, terrible people in it.

I have found a lot of peace through our wonderful church, through re-reading conference talks and going to Sunday meetings and to mutual. I know that if I were ever in a situation like some of these families, that it would eventually be okay. Emphasis on the 'eventually.'

Now more than ever I feel the desire to spread happiness and PROVE that there is so much more to this world than all the bad things in it. There are so many little things I can do each day that require little effort... I want to take treats to my neighbor.  I want to compliment people I see at church. I want to offer to help make someone else's burden lighter. I want to make someone smile. I want to be extra patient with my kids. I want to be nice to someone I don't necessarily like. I want to refrain from judging. I wan't to stop complaining. The only way I am truly happy is when I am serving other people (or eating, but that's beside the point) There is so much more we can do every day to make this world better. If only we would all take the initiative and prove these angry people wrong.

I choose to be HAPPY even if it doesn't always make sense to be. I have so much to be grateful for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment