Sunday, January 10, 2016

Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal!

admit....I love Home Alone. Favorite Christmas movies hands down. (Strictly the first two of course) I can quote those movies backwards and sideways. In fact, my voicemail out of high school was me imitating the hotel booking phone call from the second movie...yes I was weird. Really weird. Ok, I'm still weird. I do a pretty good job of hiding it....sometimes. Even then, I never thought that I was overboard until I overheard a conversation between Jeffrey and Boston playing with a new race track he got for Christmas. Boston turns to Jeff and says: 'keep it open, you little jerk!' Haha! Should I be proud, or ashamed? Maybe a bit of both. Jeff gave me a look that could have been read as: 'look what you did, you little jerk!' Uncle Frank would be proud...and I can assure you my quoting will be kept to a minimal next year.

I will say that the magic of Christmas has been ignited once again for me through Boston's eyes. I loved watching his little face light up at so many different things this Christmas. Watching him try and fill the manger for baby Jesus by doing nice things for Ellie. He threw her diapers away, picked up bottles, washed bottles, hung up and put away her clothes, picked up her toys, and shared some of his own, each resulting in a piece of straw in the manger. He squealed when he got a letter from Santa in response to his. The first thing he ran to Christmas morning was not to the presents, but to see if Santa drank the milk and ate the cookies he made. The look on his face when he realized that Santa gave him exactly what he asked for. 'Mom, I asked Santa for a buzz and woody, and he got it for me, mom! He did!' It's amazing watching him start to believe in something so special. Buzz and woody are at this moment tucked in, fast asleep with a snoring little Boston. I just love that boy.

As for Ellie, well....Santa brought her clothes and a few books. I was feeling pretty bad about it, until Christmas morning when she didn't even want to open one present. She just roamed through the mess of wrapping paper tearing it up. Merry Christmas sweet little Jelly Bean! 

 Here are some pictures of our Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment